Artisan Dance Studio simply has the best students. Get to know some of them, and their passion for dance!
- What made you decide to take your first dance class at Artisan?
I had just moved to Columbus to start a new job and apply for graduate school and I knew I had to find a good modern dance class. I looked up “adult modern dance in Columbus” on Google and was pleasantly surprised to find Artisan in the search results.
- What is your favorite part of class?
My favorite part of class is warming up. It makes me feel like a human again. My least favorite part is the end of class!
- What’s in your dance bag?
It’s full of secrets! Just kidding; it actually has hair ties, bun wraps, lamb’s wool, and way too many dance shoes.
- Dream role to perform one day?
All of my dream roles are in musicals and it is impossible to narrow it down to one.
- What do you do when you’re not at the studio?
I work as a tutor, attend graduate school at OSU, spend time with my husband, and pretend I am competing on Chopped while making new dishes out of leftovers in my own kitchen.
- How has dance made a positive impact on your daily life?
Dance is the best marriage of two very important parts of life: creativity and exercise. Dancing has made a positive impact on my life by holistically improving my life and health.
- Do you have a favorite dancewear combination? What are your must-haves for class?
Not necessarily; I really like dancing in clothes that aren’t too tight or too loose. I like to mix it up!
- What are your goals for your dancing in the future?
My goal at this time is to keep dancing! My dream is to perform in a small modern company.